Auditing Specialist – reports directly to Quality Improvement Division Leader.
Quality Improvement – 140.
Responsible for functioning as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Quality System coordinator and internal auditor and will monitor status of internal and external countermeasure requests (Quality System Trouble Reports and Corrective Action Notifications) and coordination of countermeasure follow-up.
Scope of Responsibility:
Updates Quality Management System to meet current requirements. Schedules internal audits. Assures quality training is completed, as required. Monitors status of trouble reports. Completes and follows up on all QSTR’s. Prepares and maintains various reports, as assigned. Leads all document control activities, rules, and revisions to system documents and assist in by-part document implementation, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily Management:
- Obtain knowledge of new revisions and developments pertaining to the QMS.
- Update documents, policies and manuals as necessary.
- Assure items such as quotations, schedules and follow-up for external audits are completed.
- Set an internal audit schedule and maintain said schedule.
- Initiate corrective actions from internal audits and assure closure for these items.
- Conduct follow-ups on all QSTR countermeasures.
- Performs second-party audits, as necessary.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
- Maintain updates for internal and external audit schedules.
- Performs one time per quarter review of all Customer Supplier Quality Manuals.
- Understands the automotive process approach for auditing and risk-based thinking.
- Can review and understand applicable documented customer-specific requirements.
- Organizational skills regarding planning, conducting, reporting and closing out audits (and their findings).
- Can demonstrate technical understanding of the relevant manufacturing process(es) to be audited, including PFMEA and control plans.
- Has the ability to conduct the minimum number of audits dictated by AWC to be completed per year.
Education/Experience/Training (minimum required):
- High School Diploma
- AWC Document Control Training
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training (Certificate)
- IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Training (Certificate)
- Core Tools Training (Certificate)
- Good written and verbal communication skills; good organizational skills; good problem solving skills with experience in the use of analytical tools.
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and Word, Internet, and email.